The Department of Finance (DOF) demonstrates firm commitment to individual’s rights to data protection and privacy. We respect and value data privacy rights of data subjects, and ensure that all personal data collected are processed lawfully, fairly and appropriately in accordance with the confidentiality practices and applicable laws on data privacy, notably Republic Act No. 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
By using our website or providing us your Personal Data, you will be treated as having given your permission for our collection, use, and processing of your Personal Data, and you have accepted the policies and practices described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not allow the collection, use, and processing of your Personal Data, kindly refrain from using our website, and/or contact us for any privacy-related concerns.
We collect personal information to enable us to deliver our services, where it is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Department. We may collect, use, and process your personal information through various sources depending on how you interact with us (online and/or offline forms, over the phone, email, etc.).
• Personal Information. When you complete any application form or register for specific service or query through our feedback form, we may ask you for your name, email address, telephone number, postal address, demographic information (such as age, gender, income level) and/or any personal references needed to provide access to our services.
• Information from computing device. Any information about the computer system or other technological device that you use to access the DOF domain website and its sub-domain, such as mapping of your Internet protocol (IP) address and location, operating system version and web browser type
• DOF Websites/Social Network information. We use data collection technologies such as cookies and google analytics to collect certain information as you navigate through and interact with our websites and social media account. It may include information which links and pages you view or clicked on and other relevant statistical information about your interests, and other navigational data to provide content-worthy website for a better user experience.
• We make our services available to you, verify your identity when you log-in, and respond to your queries, requests and complaints;
• We may disclose information where the law requires us to disclose information and comply with legal, regulatory, and contractual obligations;
• We may use the collected data to communicate and process information necessary with your transactions;
• We may collect the information to conduct research and analysis to improve our customer service;
• We may use the information to perform such other processing or disclosure that may be required by the DOF.
All collected personal data shall be retained and kept with reasonable security measures for a duration permitted by applicable laws as long as necessary to fulfill its purpose.
For inquiries, clarifications and concerns, you may contact our DOF Data Protection Officers (DPO) at:
Jesus Nathaniel M. Gonzales
Director IV – LAO
Angelica I. Sarmiento
Director IV – CMIO